Things about me:
- I like lists. I find it concentrates the mind.
- I’m a Young Adult Librarian at a branch location of a large urban library. Sometimes I call myself a Teen Librarian, but this often results in people thinking I’m a teen who helps at the library which is hilarious and also very false.
- I’m pretty gay. In case you didn’t notice.
- And a Feminist with a capital F.
- I enjoy cute dresses, high heels and red lipstick
- Also combat boots, jeans and neckties.
- I’ve recently discovered after a lifetime of being 4’10” tall that I am in fact now 4’11” tall and it’s pretty much sent me into an existential crisis.
- I was always that tiny kid with her nose in the giant book who tried to read while walking home from the bus stop with varying degrees of success. This, as we know, is a sign of huge popularity and well developed social skills.
- I’m never sarcastic. ever.
- I’m a Ravenclaw, a Browncoat and a Nerdfighter. Among other things.
- I read. A lot.
- I’m a super giant nerd. sorry, not sorry.
Things about this blog:
- I review books. Previously I’ve reviewed a variety of things, but from now on I’ll only be reviewing LGBTQ or Feminist books unless its really mindblowingly amazing.
- I talk about libraries, being a librarian, working with teens, digital media and social justice issues.
- I advocate for the importance of libraries and treating teens as equal humans.
- I talk about my experiences as a queer woman in a misogynist, heterocentric world.
- Also how I’m figuring out how to adult.
*Header image by Kate Pauley.